Diy shoe refashion ideas, ready for your closet cleanout! Whether it is old or dated shoes that just need a new look or mending broken/stained shoes, I have a big list of fun ways to makeover old shoes. These are all on adult shoes but many of the same concepts can easily be applied to kid shoes that you want to last through more than one kid, too.
Let me know if you’ve done any other way of refashioning shoes, in the comments!
You might be interested in these posts too!
- 20+ ways to refashion clothes that are too small
- Five Tips for Thrift Shopping to Upcycle & Refashion
- 10 refashioning tips for successful sewing
- 25+ ways to refashion purses
- What to do with old jeans, 40+ ideas
Pin this list of diy shoe refashion inspiration with this link or collage image; please click through to individual websites before pinning single photos:
25+ diy shoe refashion ideas
This is such a great way to jazz up grotty straps, with a sandal refashion from Brit + Co.
The easiest way to cover stains – see how to tie dye shoes here on my blog!
My kids would love these, a glitter shoe refashion with studs, from Love Maegan.
More examples in the post if you click through, but a simple way to cover holes and stains just like in clothes – add a patch! Idea from Me Sew Crazy.
Perfect for covering stains, I love these hand drawn pineapples! Click through to see the steps she took, at Flamingo Toes.
Add hand embroidered details to shoes without beating up your fingers, using this one tool in my tutorial!
Click through to see a second example of this fun, geometric shoe refashion idea from A Beautiful Mess.
You could recreate this with fabric too, but click through and see what DIY Candy used to make these fun floral shoes over from plain ones.
A funky reminder that you can woodburn leather just like wood! Click throuh to see more angles of these fun floral wedges refashioned by Love Maegan.
So summery and fun, click over for the tutorial on how to make these sweet fabric flower sandals from Flamingo Toes.
This process looks so fun; see how to hydro dip shoes and give them a swirly new look at Polka Dot Chair.
You have to click through and see the ‘before’, these hand painted shoes are so clever and totally saved them from the trash, over at My Poppet Makes.
Click through to see the before; this uses a special type of paint to makeover faded tennies, at Scratch and Stitch.
Simple but effective, click through to see the final result on how Oh Joy embellished these simple heels with lace.
This is so clever, check out how Pretty Life Girls needle felted on canvas tennies!
Bright and punchy, these doily wedge are super fun, from Make magazine.
- These look much more complicated than I would’ve guessed, this would look cool on leather flip flop sandals too: an ankle strap refashion from Kelly Hicks Design.
- Simple suede dye refashion from Condo Blues, nice visual inspiration.
- A feminine ruffle + gingham makeover from U-Create Crafts.
- Simple applique shoe clip idea from The House that Lars Built.
- See how to add simple lace-up detailing to plain ballet flats from Merrick’s Art.
- A more sophisticated take on lace overlay, see the doily makeover from Little Did You Know.
- Technically an upcycle, not a refashion, but what a clever way to recycle heels into jewelry holders from Unique Creations by Anita.