Harry Potter is a modern classic and my eldest kid is just getting to the age to start listening to it! My nieces are crazy for the series and my sister asked me to make them fun shirts with a Hermione quote. I figured it was the perfect timing to join in on the annual Happy Harry Potter series hosted by Marissa at Rae Gun Ramblings, sharing a Harry potter svg file! So many bloggers are sharing craft & sewing tutorials and on top of that, there’s an attached big giveaway for Harry Potter goodies, so scroll to the bottom for links to other projects and enter to win.
Of course, I had to try it out for myself! This is the size that the file is set to; for scale I’m 5’2 and about 130 pounds, this is a size large t-shirt. I’ll shrink it down a little for them, they’re tweeny boppers.
If I’m being truly honest, as I try to be, I enjoy(ed) the books but never “fell in love” with the series. I am a huge fan of magic/fantasy, but my heart already belonged to this amazing fantasy series (which is for older ages) when HP came out! But, I’m excited to explore the world of wizardry with my kids now! My photo props were so fun for this post! A Hermione Granger funko doll & the first illustrated Harry Potter book.
I used my Cricut Maker to make this, if you don’t have a digital cutting machine, you could probably recreate this with a freezer paper stencil or applique (though the ‘hermione granger’ text is pretty small and fine). You can read my full review of the Maker in this post if you’ve been considering one!
Keep scrolling for the tutorial or pin this Harry potter svg free download with this link and photo:
How to make a Harry potter svg free file into a shirt
- Cricut Maker (is what I used, earlier models would work as well since it’s not cutting fabric) – on Cricut.com or Amazon
- Easy Press (Cricut.com usually has the best deals or Amazon has them as well)
- Blank tshirt (If I can’t find a secondhand one, I like these blanks)
- Harry potter svg free download – this includes a PNG, SVG, & PDF – sign up for my newsletter and get access to the cut file once you confirm your subscription! If you’re already a subscriber, you can access the pattern with the password in each newsletter, in the resource library:
Load the file into Design Space and make sure to ‘mirror’ both pages!
You’ll have to clip the thin book cover piece off since it will be layered on top at the end. Make sure to line things up straight with a ruler and apply the bottom layer first, let cool, then layer on the top star page, and lastly the book cover.
You’re done! I used my Easy Press to apply it, which was nifty, but a normal iron works too.
If you’d like to enter and win some Harry Potter swag:
To kick things off this year’s I’ve got an awesome giveaway! One lucky winner will receive all the amazing things below! ENTER by using the widget below (or clicking here). To see all the new Harry Potter projects check here as they will be updated daily!
- $50 Amazon gift card perfect for picking out your own awesome Harry Potter swag or stocking up on craft supplies to make your own inspired by the great tutorials from the series!
- $50 Shop credit to spend on LuLaRoe with RaeGunRoe who will be having a special Harry Potter inspired event during the series!
- One Harry Potter Baby Costume or House Tie Necklace from RaeGun perfect for Halloween, or sporting to a vacation to the Wizarding world, or just for any old Tuesday!
- One Nerdifore from Giggles and Mischief (up to $40) she makes the cutest Harry Potter inspired dresses for big girls as well as My Little Pony, Super Hero and other awesomely geeky options.
- Dumbledore and Harry Potter action figures!
- Other surprise Harry Potter swag!