Hi! I’m a thirty-something sewing / craft blogger and I love to make stuff. Crafting keeps me sane while I work at home/homeschool my two young kids. Embroidery, hand sewing, refashioning, handmade softies and upcycled crafts are my favorite but I am always trying something new!
I have had projects published and/or featured in all sorts of wonderful places:
- Magazines: Stitch, Homespun, Modern Patchwork: Gifts, & Sew It All
- Websites: The Oprah Magazine, Country Living, All Free Sewing, Craft Gawker, & Craft Gossip
Fast, Random Facts:
- If I’m not crafting, sewing, or blogging I am probably reading, hiking, or planning our next family vacation (I share that type of stuff on my other blog, www.exploremorecleanless.com).
- I typically have 4 projects in various stages of completion, and I spend way too much time online.
- Blogging keeps my creative energy flowing and makes me more accountable – without deadlines and collaborative projects I end up “pinning” more than I actually make.
- Crafts are in my blood, my Mom makes beautiful things (like this quilt!) and my Grandma sewed too. Check out my very first refashion, from high school, in this post about why I create.
- I broke my back sledding (!!) in college, which makes sitting in chairs uncomfortable for long periods of time. I never use a foot pedal and press a start/stop button while I sew, so I can sit cross-legged!
- I used to enter sweepstakes as a hobby, and once won $10k from CBS.
I hope as you click through you are inspired to make something. Thanks for stopping by – I’d love to hear from you!
Connect with me on: