I tried something new every month in 2015, and weaving was my August project! I did not fall in love with the craft, but as usual when I was searching around to prepare, I found lots of fun ideas and tutorials that I wanted to share. Here are the most fun weaving tutorials for beginners that I found, for both kids and adults!
Getting started tips for weaving:
- I’ve read great things about this beginner weaving e-book!
- I used this kid’s lap loom.
- These tips on creating shapes while weaving from A Beautiful Mess gave great visuals.
- This list of unique homemade looms on Buggy & Buddy is full of color and creativity!
- Lots of visual weaving inspiration on @maryannemoodie’s IG.
- I’ve been building up my Pinterest board for weaving if you want to check it out!
- If you’re more into books, this one was recommended in a few different posts: “Learning to Weave” by Deborah Chandler
Ready to try your hand?
Pin this list of weaving tutorials for beginners with this link or collage image:
weaving tutorials for beginners
Pretty little wall hanging weaving tutorial from Gathering Beauty, you’ll never guess what she uses as the loom base!
Weave a circular rug, at the Free People blog
Super pretty, handwoven purse tutorial from Persia Lou.
I think this idea is SO COOL, use weaving as a storytelling activity with kids. From New City Arts.
Weave a friendship bracelet with Michael Ann Made
Weave a placemat at Creative Jewish Mom
Weave a necklace, on Say Yes
Weave a geometric wall hanging, from A Beautiful Mess
Weave coasters with Pretty Prudent
Wow, love this idea of weaving a full size floor rug, on From Fiber and Fuzz
Weave a bookmark on Tangle Crafts
Weave a branch wall hanging with Honestly WTF