I originally shared this free pumpkin applique post last Fall at GYCT Designs and now I’m bringing it back here to share with you! Applique is my favorite, it’s an easy way to use up scraps and personalize patterns. In this case, it also helps reinforces pant knees! My son has been obsessed with pumpkins for a long time, so he was very excited to have pumpkins on his pants. If you’ve never used Wonder Under, I have a quick tutorial on that too – it makes things so easy.
If you like this project, check out these other posts while you’re here!
Free pumpkin applique pattern & tutorial
- Pumpkin Applique File–sign up for my newsletter and get the free download once you confirm your subscription! If you’re already a subscriber, you can access the pattern with the password in each newsletter, in the resource library.
- Small scraps of Heat n Bond* or other paper-backed fusible webbing
- Pen/marking utensil
1. Print out the template and trace it with the smooth side up.
2. Roughly cut around it and iron on to the back/wrong side of the fabric.
3. Carefully trim around the sketch and then peel the paper backing off.
4. Place the pumpkin sticky side down and iron on. Machine or hand stitch around the edges for extra security! Pumpkin time!! Perfect for hitting up the orchard or pumpkin patch.