It’s the new year! Like most people, I love January as a time to declutter, organize, and freshen things up. I hate just recycling Christmas Cards – in the past I have made simple laminated gift tags. This year I wanted to brainstorm some new ideas, and love the creative Christmas card upcycling projects I found!
[Affiliate links are marked with a *, I get a small percent back at no cost to you. See Legal Stuff in the menu for more details!]
I used my laminator on these, and then you can write on them year after year!
My kids love to just cut and collage with fancy cards as well, that just takes some scissors and glue. If you’re not crafty or don’t have time, don’t forget you can donate to the Recycled Card Program at St. Jude’s Ranch for Children. They reuse the cards as a fundraiser – less trash & charity fundraising is a win-win in my book
I’d love if you pinned the round-up graphic(s), but if you’re pinning individual images please click through to the original site first. If there isn’t a picture, that means I didn’t hear back from the owner about using it so you’ll have to jump over and see it on their blog!
1. Christmas Sweater Gift Tags from Zakka Life – how cute are these!
3. Mason Jar Toppers from Family Feedbag – Perfect for gifting jam next year.
4. Upcycled Christmas Card Ornament from Scoutie Girl – This look so pretty!
5. Upcycled Gift Box from CraftyPod – A gift card would fit wonderfully in there!
6. Card Luminary from Zakka Life – their tutorial appears to have gone missing, but you can get the gist from this post.
7. Upcycled Paper Notebooks from Pearls & Scissors – I think these would be so cute with a Christmas card cover!
8. Clear Magnets from Ingenious Inkling – fun stocking stuffer for next year.
9. Upcycled Card Bunting from Maker*land – perfect cheap decor item!
10. Geometric Abstract Cards from Do Small Things With Love – These are beautiful!!
If you need even more ideas,Better Homes & Gardens has a great slideshow with several fun ideas. Did I miss any of your favorites? Or do you receive mostly photo cards, which are tougher to upcycle? Check out all my Christmas craft ideas on Pinterest, here!