Last year I had several readers email me asking about Prime Day sewing machine deals, so this year I made sure to pay attention and have all the info ready ahead of time! I have other, non-Amazon-specific, ways to save money on sewing in this post.
Prime Day is a one-day sale for Amazon Prime subscribers only, if you’re not a paid member, you can’t shop the deals. I love Amazon Prime; other benefits year round include:
- Free 2 day shipping, when you realize you need something fast that your local shop doesn’t carry
- Free streaming movies & TV on Prime video (Marvelous Miss Maisel kept me company though my last quilt!)
- Unlimited photo cloud storage, which is how I back-up all my crafty picture
- Discounts & freebies on Kindle & Audible, if you listen to books while you make things
Use these coupons!
- For 2019, Amazon.com is offering Prime Members: $5 Off Amazon Purchases $50+ w/ promo code SHIP2ME so use that!
- They are also offering $5 Off your qualifying purchase of More than $15 in Print Books when you apply promotion code PRIMEBOOK19 at checkout. See some of my favorite craft books here.
- Get a $5 credit when you buy $25 in Amazon gift cards!
Prime Day sewing machine deals & more
Many of these deals will sell out before the day is over, so keep that in mind. I have had amazing experiences with Amazon’s customer service, and there are so many great tutorials online for every model and gadget that is out there.
You have to be logged in with a prime membership to see these prices (Get a free trial Prime membership now if you want to try it out and shop Prime Day sewing deals!)
If you snag my favorite, the Brother 1034d serger, and are nervous to start using it – check out Craftsy’s class on beginner serging!
I have two pairs of these in my sewing room! Great deal on Gingher scissors.
I love Brother brand. They don’t pay me, they don’t send me free machines, but I have loved and used them for years. This would be a GREAT sewing machine for kids, with happy reviews and basic sewing functions, shop for it here.
Flash sale on a dress form that gets good reviews, shop it here.
Normally $400, save $ on the Cricut Maker! This has the rotary blade, so you can cut fabric without bonding or backing (my full review here), shop it here!
I love Brother printers too, I have owned 2!!If you print PDF patterns, you will save money for sure. Shop it here.
A few folks have talked about using their Echo to tell them measurement conversions, take notes on patterns while they sew, and play them music; they’re $50 before the sale, now only $22.
Last but not least, the fire sticks are on sale, making streaming Netflix, Hulu, etc. easy while you sew. We prefer a chromestick, but I don’t remember why because it was so long ago we tried the fire stick. Normally $40, they are $20 today only.
My Amazon favorites to check for sales:
- Embroidery hoops
- Bolt of batting (this is the stuff I use)
- Wonder clips
- Cricut Maker
- Brother cs6000i sewing machine
- Artbin storage bins (they keep my thread from getting dusty! There are a few models)
- Gingher scissors
- Olfa rotary cutter
- Brother printer for all those patterns
- Brother 1034d serger – click the image below, it looks like they have a new model? I have the old one and love it, you can toggle back to that option on the page.
Great sewing/craft Amazon cart fillers around $10 if you’re close to free shipping:
- A whole roll of twill tape (I use it for DIY labels) – 18 yards!
- Stick N Stitch – the best trick for how to transfer embroidery patterns
- A whole roll of 1 inch elastic – 11 yards!
- My favorite embroidery needles
- Bobbin buddies – these hold your bobbin on to the matching thread spool
- Metal seam/hem ironing tool
- Bodkin – if you ever sew waistband casings or drawstrings, these are magical!