20+ Halloween hand embroidery designs curated for the modern stitcher!
Summer is winding down and I’m all about the Fall holiday crafts. I pulled together a fun list of modern Halloween hand embroidery designs that are perfect for stitching under a warm blanket; these designs would be fun on pillows, wall art, or even shirts. I love the idea of handmade holiday decorations that my kids can grow up looking at, and eventually inherit. A few of these, they could even help me stitch, a family fiber project!
If you’re new to hand embroidery, you might want to check out these posts:
- The trick for how to transfer embroidery patterns
- Basic embroidery stitch videos
- Hand embroidery tools I use & love
If you want more creative inspiration check out:
- Halloween cross stitch designs
- Halloween sewing projects – for hand sewing & hand embroidery mixed together!
- 20+ upcycled Halloween decor ideas
Please pin this collage image, you can use this link, instead of individual photos:
Check out these spooky stitching books, too, if you’d rather browse something you can hold instead of individual designs.
- Stitch Craft by Gayla Partridge – Shop: Amazon
- Felt-O-Ween by Kathy Sheldon & Aamdna Caresto – Shop: Amazon
- Mystical Stitches by Christi Johnson – Shop: Amazon – Bookshop
Halloween hand embroidery designs
This is my favorite and I need to stitch it up myself, “If you’ve got it, haunt it” from Pool House Co.
I love the metallic coffin on this spooky, floral pattern from Florals and Floss. Wouldn’t this look great on the back of a jean jacket?
A little cute, a little scary, with this coffin hand embroidery pattern from Grimbroidery.
Put a spin on a traditional skeleton and make it into a mermaid, with this pattern from Alifera.
I love the vibe in this “I Put A Spell On You” pattern from Spellbinding Threads.
I love the shading and details in this spooky ghost and mushroom pattern from Embroideredbtch.
I love the dark colors on this floral spiderweb pattern from Florals and Floss.
Quirky pumpkin head pattern from Hoopatelier Store
An elegant dancing skeleton pattern from Quince and Quail Shoppe
Pretty little witch hat pattern from Broderie Bloom
Who doesn’t love a potion, especially with a mushroom, with this pattern from Occults Creations
I love the details in this witch hat and mushroom pattern from Little Pin Studio.
Cute Halloween cat hand embroidery pattern from Oh Sew Bootiful
Sweet Halloween girl hand embroidery pattern from LiliPopo
Witchy girl hand embroidery pattern from LiliPopo
Unsettling vampire bat mask embroidery pattern from OddAnaStitch
Spooky little bat hand embroidery pattern from Alifera
Anatomical skeleton hand embroidery patterns from Vintage Mad by M
- Gothic halloween iron-on designs from Sublime Stitching
- Cool lady skeleton cameo hand embroidery design from Urban Threads
- Hip Halloween unicorn hand embroidery pattern from Urban Threads
- Cobwebby Happy Halloween hand embroidery pattern from Urban Threads
Free halloween hand embroidery patterns
You can also check out the idea for converting a Halloween decor printable into a hand embroidery project, over at Sulky Threads!
Super cute free Halloween embroidery and cross stitch patterns from Flamingo Toes
Adorable ghost free embroidery pattern for hoop art from Flamingo Toes
Festive haunted house free hand embroidery pattern from Cutesy Crafts