20+ upcycled Halloween decor ideas to turn trash into treasure; including spooky thrift store Halloween makeovers and creative spooky decor made from trash!
Cheap Halloween decor is easy to find at any store once fall hits, but most of it is made from cheap plastic and doesn’t have much personality. I had so much fun making this list of tutorials and inspiration to make more creative Halloween decor from dated thrift store materials, old toys, or plain old trash. If I missed any of your favorite ideas, please leave a comment and I’ll be happy to add them!
I tried one of the ones below, what do you think! It’s so much fun to try and thrift mundane things that can be turned spooky.
Halloween crafts are the perfect time to bust out all the shiny, spooky, over the top paints and supplies that don’t “fit your aesthetic” year round. If your thrift stores are few and far between, try posting in a local reddit, Buy Nothing group, or Nextdoor chat and ask for knickknack donations that folks are done with. I bet you’ll be surprised at all the goodies you end up with, just ready to be spooky-fied!
If you like this post, check out these while you’re here!
- 40+ ways to upcycle sweaters into something new
- 20+ Halloween hand embroidery designs
- 15+ modern halloween cross stitch patterns
- 25+ upcycle sewing tutorials that make great gifts
Pin this list of 20+ upcycled Halloween decor ideas for later using this collage pin or link; please don’t pin any individual images unless you click through to the original website!
20+ upcycled Halloween decor ideas
- Scary-fied porcelain dolls turned into zombie dolls, at Instructables.
- DIY apothecary jars from old jars & candlesticks, at Design DNA.
- Clever 3-D ghost book display from BHG.
- A super creepy painting makeover, love the 3D elements, by Maxwell Mitchell on facebook.
- The sweetest little figurine makeover, a Halloween gathering girl, by @oldholidayeve on instagram.
- A life-size playhouse turned into a spooky house by Tiffany’s Creations.
- A full dollhouse makeover tutorial at The Homespun Hydrangea.
- A figurine “skeleton-ized” by CJ Hughes on instagram.
- Turning old lampshades into adorable outdoor ghosts, from Redeux Style on instagram.