Stitch up a sweet, heirloom toy with one of these beautiful doll sewing patterns! I pulled together a list from some of my favorite pattern makers, including a bunch of free doll sewing patterns and doll sewing tutorials if you’re on a budget. There are doll sewing patterns for felt, fleece, and cotton so you can sew stuffed friends no matter what fabric you’re working with.
Before you start sewing, check out my big post of how to sew a stuffed animal, full of my best tips for sewing softies!
If you need even more ideas of what to sew for kids, check out these posts:
- The cutest 25+ toys to sew for kids
- The cutest quilts to sew for kids
- 50+ free printable stuffed animal patterns
- 12+ DIY purse patterns to sew for kids
Pin this post of doll patterns to sew for kids using this link or collage photo; please click through to the original maker/pattern seller to pin any individual photos or listings:
Doll patterns to sew
I’ve loved this cloud girl doll for years, it is just the cutest pattern from Noialand.
This might be “too soon” for some folks, but a plague doctor doll pattern from Choly Knight might be.
A beautiful, classic rag doll design from Ann Wood Handmade.
I love this pile of sweet doll faces, with the mini pals pattern from Heidi & Finn.
This sweet boy doll pattern looks super huggable, from Abby Glassenberg Designs.
I love all the details on this mermaid/merman plush pattern from Choly Knight.
I love the aesthetic on these lithe dollies with mermaid hair; get the pattern from Gingermelon here.
A perfect beginner doll sewing pattern; this baby design from Nata Patterns is adorable.
These dollies are almost pocket size; stitch one up from Delilah Iris and take it with you on your adventures!
I couldn’t resist including this funny little frog princess, with a pattern from Noialand.
Free doll sewing patterns:
Use fabric paint and sequin fabric to make these sweet mermaid dolls with a free pattern from A Beautiful Mess.
A classic rag dollie free pattern from Crazy Little Projects.
A pocket mermaid from Red Ted Art, I love the details on this!
A sweet little felt “paper doll” pattern freebie from Craft Patch Blog.
The simplest, soft dolly with a cute face applique from Red Ted Art.
- A simple, felt family pattern set from Gathered/Mollie Makes
- The cutest, detailed boy stuffed doll pattern from Retro Mama.
- Turn an old sock into a cute little dollie with an upcycle tutorial from Miss Daisy Patterns.
- A Wednesday Addams doll for the creepy movie enthusiast in your family, with a free pattern/tutorial from barley & birch.
- The sweetest little Waldorf “pocket doll” tutorial from Magic Onions.