Photo ornaments diy tutorials! I take loads of photos throughout the year and love incorporating them into handmade Christmas ornaments. I’ve done a few over the years and thought I’d round them up into one post along with some other creative ideas from around the web! There are so many different ways for how to transfer images to christmas ornaments; these all make great decorations, gift tags, or magnets!
While you’re here, check out some of these other posts too:
- 10+ upcycled christmas ornaments to make from old clothes
- 15+ prettiest fabric Christmas ornaments tutorials
- The cutest animal Christmas ornament patterns
- 14+ tutorials for embroidery hoop Christmas ornaments
- 20+ free felt Christmas ornament patterns
Pin this post of photo ornaments diy tutorials with this link or collage image below, please click through to individual websites to repin single photos:
20+ photo ornaments diy tutorials
My favorite ornament from last year, a free felt Polaroid ornament pattern to sew here on Swoodson Says!
Wood doesn’t have to feel earthy; check out these clean and modern photo ornaments from Lovely Etc.
These were so much fun to make! Photo ornaments with hand embroidered details, here on Swoodson Says.
These are so creative, clay iphone photo ornaments from Chica Circle.
I had so much fun making this! A DIY snow globe shaker ornament here on Swoodson Says.
These wood slices are so fun with the exposed bark; I have some blanks just awaiting a project like this, in my basement! Tutorial from Happiness is Creating.
A simple, hand stitched photo ornament idea here on Swoodson Says, including a downloadable pattern for the text!
This is doubly sentimental – it mixes sweet handprint molds and fun photos! Tutorial at Teach Me Mommy.
Simple idea, you could apply this same concept with scrapbook paper too! Check out how to make them at No Biggie.
These creative upcycled metal picture frames have beautiful, sentimental meaning for Dia de los Muertos but the same concept could be applied to Christmas ornaments too, get the tutorial at Muy Bueno!
This is such a fun idea for commemorating vacations, check out the diy beach ornament tutorial from Where the Smiles Have Been.
I love the 3D aspect of this, a simple paper ornament idea from Red Ted Art.
I love this idea! Check out how to make your own and send them out instead of traditional cards this year, with a tutorial from Delineate Your Dwelling.
A simple but sweet photo cube idea, click through and see what else she puts on the other sides that is so clever, from Amy Latta Creations.
- This is a nifty idea, showing how to make a little cardboard photo frame, from Tinsel and Trim.
- A very simple way to turn photos into ornaments that looks really fancy, from Homey Oh My.
- Very creative, check out how to turn your photos into creative angels, from Plays with Needles.
- These are simple but look very striking, check out cookie cutter ornaments from Martha Stewart.
- My kids would go nuts over these silly reindeer face photo ornaments, super cute from hello, wonderful.
- This is a fun one that kids could get involved in making alongside with you, a mason jar lid photo ornament from Happy Hooligans.
- Super colorful, pom pom photo ornament tutorial from hello, wonderful.
- This might be the simplest version yet, a laminated photo ornament from Country Living.