30+ amazing things to do with an altoids tin – a curated list of upcycle crafts with old mint tins
Wondering ‘What can I do with an empty Altoids container?’ I have lots of different ideas so wonder no more! I’ll admit I don’t love eating altoids, they taste like toothpaste chalk to me, however I LOVE collecting the little boxes! Such a satisfying shape, metal is so superior to plastic. I have several tucked away and as I organized my craft storage this past weekend I decided to dig around for some inspiration. Wow did I find a lot! I have some DIY kid toy ideas, some beautiful adult art ideas, and crafty stuff in between for all ages.
- 15+ leather scraps projects
- 20+ thrift store painting makeover ideas
- 20+ upcycled thread spool crafts
- 20+ photo ornaments diy tutorials
30+ amazing things to do with an altoids tin
- This would be super fun to take on a trip or make after visiting somewhere new - a tiny city in a tiny suitcase made from an altoid tin!
- I love adding in the magnet, an ice skating rink that moves.
- Love this little hand embroidery kit idea.
- Or make a fun little portable pin cushion with this youtube tutorial!
- Not necessarily a pincushion but what about a beautifully hand stitched altoid tin topper!
- Ok but this is BRILLIANT, an advent calendar made from them!
- You HAVE to see this Halloween altoid tin take.. I like the vertical element!!
- This version is for kids, but I think you could make a "grown-up" version that was sophisticated too - a camera scrapbook.
- This is so creative!! You won't guess this is an altoid tin - please click and see.
- The prettiest DIY puzzle project I've ever seen.
- A beautiful mix of hand embroidery and an altoid tin upcycle.
- You could make the figurines or buy them -tucking them into an altoid tin with resin so it looks like a pond!
- Love these Christmas ornaments made from old tins.
- Okay but how fun would this be as a "treasure box", perfect for using up random craft stuff too
- Another fun playset - a little travel gnome home.