- 1/2 yard (45 cm) quilting cotton
- 1 yard (91 cm) lightweight, woven fusible interfacing—Pellon 911FF and 906F both work well; 906F is easier to work with because it is thinner
- 1/4 yard (23 cm) Wonder Under, Heat’n Bond Lite, or other paper-backed fusible transfer product
- Palm sized scraps for the face; I used wool felt (it won’t fray around the edges, as cotton might)
- Coordinating thread
- Sewing machine
- Hand sewing needle
- 1 bag Poly-fill or other stuffing
- Clips or pins
- Chopstick and hemostats for stuffing (optional)
- (Optional for glasses accent): Freezer paper, sharp embroidery scissors or a craft razor, & felt scraps
This is a PDF sewing pattern, that you download and print yourself, not a finished object/item.
This pattern is copyrighted for Swoodson Says, 2017. Please don’t be a jerk and distribute it as your own; feel free to use one or two images if you’d like to link to it or include it in a round-up.
I’d love to see your bears if you make one! Email it to me – and feel free to sell, barter, etc. your finished products.